When it comes to cleaning, many of us resort to chemical-laden household cleaners to get the job done. However, what we may not realise it that they are releasing toxins in our house and in the environment. Today we are going to look at three simple ingredients, which when used in your cleaning routine can easily make your house sparkly clean again!
This fruit has strong antiseptic and antibacterial properties, ideal for cleaning your home.
- Make your pans and food storage containers sparkly clean again by simply scrubbing surface with half a lemon dipped into baking soda.
- Wipe you chopping boards with a lemon to disinfect the surface.
- Remove odours by putting lemon juice and vinegar in a small dish and allow it to absorb the smells.
2. Baking soda
This product functions as an odour remover and acts as an abrasive amongst other benefits.
- Remove surface rust by making a paste out of baking soda and water.
- Make your own oven cleaning solution by mixing baking soda and water into a thick paste, allow it to work for a couple of hours and the wipe the surface clean.
- Clean your toilet bowl by adding baking soda into the bowl, let it sit for over an hour. After, add a cup of white vinegar, and let the magic work!
3. White vinegar
This is your new favourite product as it can be used in many different ways when you’re cleaning. It has antibacterial properties, a great stain remover and natural deodoriser.
- Remove limescale from your kettle by putting equal quantities of white vinegar and water in the kettle, let it boil, once it has slightly cooled, rinse it out…and voila your kettle is like new!
- Make your mirrors and windows shine by mixing 50/50 white vinegar and water into a spray bottle and wipe with a cloth.
- Use this same mixture to clean your grouting. If you need a stronger solution make it into a paste by adding more baking soda and let it sit for a while before scrubbing off.
These are just a few on the many ingredients you can use in your eco-friendly cleaning routine. Besides being good for the environment as they are not toxic, they are cheap and reduce the need for a lot of different plastic bottles for your numerous cleaning products you usually have around the house. When trying out these new cleaning methods make sure to test it on a small area first!